Sunday, February 8, 2009

sugar and spice muffins

At the beginning of the school year my mom bought me a big bag of Krusteaz pancake mix from Costco. It is a great "just add water" food to eat whenever I have no other food. To mix it up a bit I decided to look up some recipes that have pancake mix in them. Here's the one that I tried that was pretty good. 

batter:
2 1/2 cups krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil 
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
topping: 4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

preheat oven to 400 degrees. For batter: In medium bowl, stir together pancake mix, water, sugar, vegetable oil, egg and nutmeg until blended ( do not overmix). Spoon batter into lightly greased or paper-lined muffin pan, filling 2/3 full. Bake 12-14 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. For topping: melt butter, set aside. In small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. While muffins are warm from the oven, dip in melted butter followed by cinnamon and sugar mixture. 
makes 1 dozen muffins

When I cooked these for 14 minutes they were still gooey on the inside....so I cooked them longer and the top was slightly more than "golden brown". But other than that they were good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment