Friday, February 6, 2009

Creamed Garden Potatoes and Peas

I'm in Idaho so I LOVE potatoes....this recipe is really good and super easy. 

1 lb small red potatoes but into one inch pieces
10 oz. package (1 1/2 cup) frozen peas 
2 T. butter
1 T. chopped onion (I use onion powder)
1/8 t. pepper
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 to 1/2 t. dill weed (I don't have any of this at my apartment so it's ok to not add it, but it tastes even better if you do have it.
2 T. flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. sugar

cook potatoes in boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender, drain, set aside

while potatoes are cooking, cook peas as directed on package. 
Cook onion in butter until tender.
blend in flour, salt, pepper, dill weed, and sugar. 
Stir in milk, heat until mixture boils and thickens, while stirring constantly
add potatoes and peas, heat through


No comments:

Post a Comment