Monday, February 9, 2009

Chicken enchiladas with some greenish sauce?

So last time I went grocery shopping I was feeling crazy and decided to get some food that I had never made before...So I bought some tomatillos and some peppers. I have never cooked with these and I had no idea how. So I decided to make something sort of like the recipe that Aunt Pam commented on Linda's recipe blog with. It was inspired from this..but not like it at all...so....I just made stuff up.  It actually turned out really good for being unfamiliar with these ingredients...mmm mmm good! Here's what I did...

1 chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
2 tomatillos
2 peppers ( I don't know what kind they were...but it was pretty spicy...haha...)
1 tablespoon butter
about a tablespoon flour
about 1/2 cup milk?
3 tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese
spices.... garlic, onion, salt, pepper

1. put peppers under broiler until skin chars, peel skin off and seed the peppers
2. blend tomatillos and peppers until well blended
3. pour into pan, add spices,  and let simmer about 5 minutes
4. in another pan make white sauce (melt butter, pour in flour until smooth, slowly add milk, cook until sauce thickens stirring constantly)
5. combine white sauce, tomatillo mixture, set a little bit of the mixture aside to pour on top.
6. add shredded chicken to the sauce and mix well. 
7. put mixture into tortillas, add some cheese, roll them up, and put them in casserole pan
8. after all tortillas are in casserole pan pour the set aside sauce on top, and more cheese.
9. cook on 350 until cheese is melted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment